March 23, Closing our indoor dining spaces
Last night, Sunday March 22nd, we learned that the Victorian and Federal government would put into place a more comprehensive lock down procedures to combat the spread of COVID-19, which includes closing non-essential services and schools over the next 48 hours.
Due to this, we fast-tracked the roll out of our online ordering and delivery platform to provide our service to our community during the lock down period.
We are still providing take-away, pickup phone orders, our online order delivery service and now have closed our indoor dining areas. Currently our delivery service is only available at our Campbellfield location, but we aim to push our Hoppers Crossing delivery online within the next 48 hours.
March 22, Indoor dining precautions & online delivery
We have taken further precautions tonight to our indoor dining. Currently we have adjusted our tables to increase distance between dining spaces, as well as closed our play areas and are ready to expand our outdoor seating space as well.
We would also like to announce that our delivery platform is up and running at our Campbellfield location. Our current radius is 5kms of the store, with plans to expand to our Hoppers Crossing location early next week
Order through our “order delivery tab” at:
As further social distancing restrictions come into place, we are ensuring that we can get the burgers you love directly to your door.
Much love from the Burgies family
March 18, An update to our procedures and responses to COVID-19
In response to the recent announcement from the Prime Minister this morning banning indoor gatherings of over 100 people, sensibility and safety must be put at the forefront of our decisions.
As of Wednesday the 18th, we would like to advise our customers of the following:
- We advise all of our customers to purchase takeaway and minimize how often they dine in.
- we will no longer be providing trays with service, all our food will be given in our disposable paper bags. The purpose of this is to eliminate the handling of food trays.
- We have closed our children’s play areas.
- We strongly advise phoning through your order ahead of time so that we can prepare your order and have it ready for you when you arrive. Please not that you are welcome to come and place your order as usual
- When paying for your order, we encourage you to use payWave, PayPass or other tap-to-pay options. This is again, to minimize contact.
We are understanding of the fact that delivery apps are being favored at the moment, but we would like to remind you that ordering directly and picking up ensures that the small businesses aren’t losing a large cut (upwards of 40%) to delivery apps. It is crucial that we continue to support our small businesses and our community.
We are also working as fast as humanly possible on our own online ordering and delivery platform, which we are excited to release within the next week. Stay tuned for a further announcement soon.
Please rest assured that we are still here, still open, and still wanting to bring you a moment of joy in serving the burgers you’ve come to know and love. However, it is also crucial that we do everything we can to support our staff, families, and our customers throughout these difficult times.
March 17, To our Burgies friends and family
At Burgies, being thoughtful is a core belief that drives both our business and our people every day. With that as a guiding light and in response to the current COVID-19 (or Coronavirus), we want to give you an update on how we are staying on top of it all.
For nearly 5 years, Burgies has earned the trust of our customers in many ways. We have been trusted to produce clean food, we have been trusted to maintain the highest levels of cleanliness in our work stations and we have been trusted to give you awesome and delicious food.
Over the past few weeks, we have focused on enhancing our procedures to strengthen the approach to address the problems posited by COVID-19. More importantly, we have made changes to protect the health of our employees as well as our customers.
These changes include the following:
- We have increased the number of times that surfaces are disinfected.
- We have deepened the cleaning of our kitchen, dining room and restrooms.
- We have begun disinfecting any items used by guests (buzzers, food trays, etc.)
- We have implemented new protocols suggested by our local health department.
- We have instructed team members to stay home if they are feeling unwell.
As always, we are thankful for our team and you, our guests, for your generous understanding during these difficult times.